Thursday, March 5, 2015

Birthday Zebra

{{{If you are here for the Unity Stamp Company and Operation Write Home Hop, scroll down to the last post or click HERE}}}

Hello! Trying to be good and keep up with the 30 Day Coloring Challenge - but today I went with a super simply colored image - I also added eyelids to my stamped image, like Kathy showed in her day one video!


I was inspired by a couple of challenges - first up, this weeks Cure for the Monday Blues (see that box on the top left corner? LOVE!):




And finally, as I mentioned before, Day 2 of the 30 Day Coloring Challenge:


I used the sweet zebra image from Paper Smooches Zoo Crew stamp set, colored slightly, and with eyelids drawn on, then fussy cut it out. My cardbase is MFT cardstock, misted lightly with some Heidi Swapp Primrose Color Shine. Added a scallop on the top and bottom with Lil' Inker's Stitched Scallop Border Die, stamped a sentiment from Happy Birthday, and tied some jute twine around before adhering the zebra with foam adhesive.


Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

  1. I adore the ink color and contrast with this darling image! And that scalloped borders are definitely lovely touches! This card truly is a smile-maker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice card with the little zebra! I like the combination of the color and the twine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute with the eyelids! Beautiful color and so sweet with the twine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome take on inspiration...it just makes me smile...!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally perfect!! Love that fun zebra and your composition and, well, everything! Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG OMG OMG!! This is SUPER CUTE!! =) I LOVE the Design and all the PINK!! THANKS SO MUCH for joining us on the Paper Smooches SPARKS Challenge Blog and I hope you'll join us again this week!!?? Have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete