Thursday, February 19, 2015

Vintage Storybook Wish Big

Good morning! For quite a while now, I have had this card pictured in my head, and the other evening, I finally sat down to see if I could get it to work the way I was imagining in my head! I have loved these adorable stamps from Avery Elle and wanted to use some masking to put some of them together on a card, and give it a vintage storybook feel. I LOVE how it came out, although I don't love the pictures of it! I had the hardest time getting a good picture for some reason! Don't know if it was just too gray and cloudy a day, or the soft colors of it, or what! Anyway, here it is:


I also thought this would be a good reminder that there are only a few days left to play along with the fun challenge at AEI{heart}U Challenge - Masking:




I used both Storybook and More Stories, stamping the bunny first, masking it off with Post It paper, then stamping the other critters. I colored it in to mimic a vintage storybook feel, and added Wink of Stella to the colored portions - you can almost see it in the pictures! The center panel was cut on the top and bottom using Finished Frames ELLE-ments Dies, and I applied Antique Linen distress ink to the edges to finish off the vintage feel. I fussy cut the banner after stamping my sentiment, and added some jute twine. Pattern paper is (appropriately) from Crate Paper's Open Book 6x6 paper pad, and I mounted it on a soft gray card base.


Thanks for dropping by today! If you haven't already played along with the challenge at  AEI{heart}U, I hope you will! Can't wait to see what you make! :-)

6 comments: