Friday, January 23, 2015

This Girl Loves You - Unity FWF

Good Friday morning! Can you believe it is the last Friday of January already?!?!? Wow...how the time does fly! After getting used to Wyoming (SUPER COLD) winters, it has been strange to be having such a mild winter back here in Washington state. It has rained quite a bit (no surprise there!) - but has been surprisingly warm. So...with us back in the rain state, I absolutely ADORED this image in the new January Kit of the Month from Unity - LOVE LOVE LOVE it! Just knew I needed to make something with it! So, here is my card for this week's Unity Friends with Flair:


I am also linking this up with the current Curtain Call Challenge (for the colors, and also for the winter accessory of choice - I used scarves in Wyoming, an umbrella would be more fitting here in Washington!):


Also linking up with this weeks Simon Says Stamp Challenge - Have a Heart (see those tiny hearts in her hands in that image?)


I will probably use this image again with watercolor (because that seemed like the perfect fit!) - but it had been a while since I had pulled out my Copics and done some coloring, so I started there. I did it in a very sporadic and artsy style - not fully coloring the image, but leaving the colors a little blotchy on purpose. Added some Glossy Accents, selectively applied to give it a wet look, and used some distress ink on the edges to blend the white cardstock in better with my Crate Paper pattern paper. Added a line of machine stitching, a doily, and a sentiment from an older KOTM - December 2012


Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

19 comments:

  1. Very sweet. I like your coloring and the doily peeking out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Love the copic coloring and paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just amazing, Heather. You've stolen my heart this week with your card. I really adore everything about this. The colors, the stamp...the love. Perfecto!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this one! Fantastic texture from the gloss accents and stitching and doily and love how it's colored!

    ReplyDelete
  5. FABULOUS!!! LOVE the arty look of your coloring. I can never pull that off. Love how the pp echoes the roundness of the umbrella.
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Saw this on the Unity Friends with Flair. Beautiful card and your coloring is great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card! This is one of my favorite sentiments from Unity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing your sweet card.
    Crafty hugs,
    Dawn
    Designs By Dragonfly {blogspot}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Forgot to add...
      I'm stopping by from Unity's Friends with Flair.
      Dawn

      Delete
  9. AMAZING!!! STUNNING!!!! JAW Dropping!!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful design for this stamp. Love the droplets too, Heather. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing card! Love the coloring and the layering. Perfection! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very sweet card. I love the sentiment color and the doily in back.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great card!
    Thanks for playing with us at Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Heather, seriously? This is absolutely STUNNING! Gorgeous card! Thanks so much for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge blog for the Have A Heart Challenge!

    ReplyDelete