Sunday, January 25, 2015

Happy Birthday Balloons

Good morning! Stopping by with another challenge card this morning!




For some reason this card was tough for me! I am happy with how it finally came out - but it took a bit of head-scratching to get it figured out! I started off by stamping the cute balloons from Lawn Fawn's Year Four stamp set. I added the musical notes from the same set, and colored the balloons with Copic markers, and added some Wink of Stella. That is where I ran into trouble - all my previous plans covered up too many of the balloons, and seemed like wasted effort for all that stamping and coloring! Finally found this stamp from Chit Chat that was a perfect fit! I stamped and heat embossed it in black 3 times, fussy cut out, and adhered with foam adhesive over the top of the balloons. PERFECT! Finished off with a card base of blue MFT cardstock.  


Thanks for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day!

5 comments:

  1. This is super fun - love your bg balloons!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Lawnscaping, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. the colors on this are just so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The embossed sentiment bubbles are great; especially with them being embossed. LOVE that aspect! And all the colorful balloons are so bright and fun. Thank you for playing along with us over at Lawnscaping! -Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the background you made! Those colorful balloons are amazing! Thanks for playing the Lawnscaping Challenge!
    -Samantha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all these bright pops of color! This card is truly a celebration. Thanks for playing with us at Lawnscaping!

    ReplyDelete