Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Happy Thoughts Skyline

Good morning! Hope you are having a great start to your day - today is moving day for us! Eeek! Movers should be here and starting in just a little big...so crazy how fast this day came, not sure if I'm ready!

Just thought I would share a card today that I made with some of my Altenew stamps:


I also am linking this up with the current Altenew Challenge: From the Craft Room:


I pulled the blues, neutral/kraft tones, and the ink splotches - as well as the black "hello" out of the inspiration picture. So much fun stuff to choose from in this one! I used Sketchy Cities America for my image and sentiment. I stamped the skyline once in clack, then shifted it and stamped it off again for a softer shadow look - can you see it? Then I attached my cling stamp backwords on my clear block, and stamped it with gray ink for another shadow effect. I kind of link the layered look it gave. Then I masked the edge of that off, applied a couple colors of distress ink, then added some water splotches - love how the distress ink reacts with the water. I pulled off my mask, stamped my sentiment, added some jute twine, then mounted with foam adhesive on a kraft card base. 


Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you are having a wonderful day!!!

3 comments:

  1. So pretty!!! Love the water splotches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely gorgeous! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing along our November challenge!

    ReplyDelete