Friday, October 3, 2014

I'm back! And Unity FWF...

Hello there! Wow...I feel like I have been gone forever! So sorry that I kind of disappeared these past few weeks...we received a call in the middle of the night a couple of weeks ago - one of those calls that turns your world upside down and leaves you grieving. My father-in-law passed away very unexpectedly, after a brief but intense battle with depression and mental illness he took his own life. We packed and left that day to travel back to be with family. Our lives will never be the same - there is a hole in our family that will never be filled. However, we are clinging to the Lord through this time, and He has continued as always to be so faithful! So grateful for his comfort as we cling to the truth and promises in His Word. We know the man he was, and that he had placed his faith in Jesus many years ago, and lived his life following and serving the Lord - and what happened at the end of his life was not who he was. Still heartbreaking though...

I finally returned home earlier this week, but it has taken a few days to settle back in. I noticed I did have a card that posted a couple of days ago (that was a complete accident - I didn't realize it was scheduled to auto-post...but since it was a sympathy card, I thought it was so perfectly appropriate). I am slowly starting to work ahead on some different design team projects - so grateful for the understanding from each of the teams I am honored to work with in allowing me the time to travel home to be with family without worrying about assignments. THANK you to all of them - I am privileged to work with some amazing people in this industry!

So, I thought I would join in with Unity Friends with Flair this morning, with this card that I actually had finished several weeks ago, and didn't have time to post:


Edited to Add: It was pointed out to me (thanks Taheerah!) that I should link this up with the current Cure for the Monday Blue's Challenge:


I used the August Kit of the Month to make this card. I used the negative from a Papertrey ink die cut as a stencil, and inked it in with distress ink. Added the leaves and sentiment with MFT ink, then added some flicks of watered down red ink and some clear sequins to finish it off.  


Thanks for stopping by and for letting me share. We are also in the process of beginning relocating from Wyoming back to Washington State, which brings with it an entire different set of challenges! I will be trying to craft as I have time, but plan on taking advantage of lots of submission cards that I have in my stash that were never picked up - so hopefully even in the transition to a new location, I should be able to keep the blog from getting too quiet! I am also working ahead on lots of fun new stuff that I can't wait to share...new release fun coming later this month. In the meantime - have a great weekend!

21 comments:

  1. So sorry for you're sad loss. Hang in there, and I hope everyone can find peace with it in time. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry for your sad and difficult time Heather. We here at Unity/FWF have greatly missed your inspiration. This is a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry for your loss - what a lovely card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for the loss of your father-in-law, I will be heartbroken when I lose mine. very pretty card! I do really like how you set off the sentiment with the bold color & inking around the paper

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always love your style Heather...your cards are fantastic...
    So sorry about your loss - hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Heather I am so sorry to hear about your loss. Hugs to you. In time, things will get better. This is never an easy time. Creating is a great way to lose yourself for a while. Love this card and look forward to seeing your work once again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful and I am so sorry to hear of your loss, such a difficult experience.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Heather, so sorry for your loss. Hugs.
    Btw I love your cards . Looking forward for more of your creations.

    ReplyDelete
  9. sorry for your loss this is a beautiful card - it is a great sentiment
    thanks for sharing

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so sorry to hear about your father-in-law! Your card is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your father-in-law.
    Your card is amazing - I love the bright pop of red. Good luck with your move, I hope all goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am so very sorry for your loss. A beautiful card and so sentimental, I think. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  13. So sorry for your tragic loss.
    Beautiful card--I like the sequins.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a beautiful card! I am very sorry for your sudden loss. Many prayers to you and your family for peace, comfort, and healing.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Heather ~ Your card is just BEAUTIFUL! I am so sorry to hear about your father in law. May you all find some comfort during this very difficult time... huge hugs coming and lots of prayers for your family...nothing but <3 coming you way

    ReplyDelete
  16. So sorry for your families loss, Heather. Love this CAS design.

    ReplyDelete
  17. So very sorry for the loss of your father-in-law. I'm sending prayers of comfort to you and your family. Your card is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sorry for your loss! Sending hugs! As always, your card is absolutely beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Heather, I am so *so* sorry for your loss. Depression is something I'm very familiar with and so I fully symathise with what your family has been through coping with the passing of your father-in-law. I hope he has found the peace he needed. My deepest condolences and many hugs being sent your way.

    Your card is truly beautiful in every way and I'm so happy you linked it up to my challenge. Thanks so much for playing to find a Cure For The Monday Blues!

    ReplyDelete