Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Something fun...and a big THANKS!

Good morning everyone! Eeek! I'm still so excited - last Friday while gone on vacation, I got a very exciting email...one of the cards I sent in for Stamping Royalty was selected as a winner! In the Friendship category! You can read the announcement and see the rest of the winners on the Paper Crafts Connection blog. I can't share my winning card, since it will be published in the July issue of Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking Magazine, but here is one of the other cards I sent in for the Thank You category - I thought it was fitting to share today:


For this card I used some watercolor paper cut with Lil' Inker's Stitched Rectangle dies, and stamped the beautiful wreath from Sweet Stamp Shop's Monogram It set in Versafine Ink. I found it works great with watercolors. I randomly added some color with watercolors, and added a bit of Wink of Stella for sparkle. Added some pearls to the flowers, and stamped my sentiment in the center.


Added some coordinating strips of washi tape on the bottom, some jute twine and a wood veneer feather covered with a couple coats of Wink of Stella for lots of sparkle, and attached it all to some pattern paper from My Mind's Eye. LOVE woodgrain papers right now!


Thanks so much for stopping by! And thanks to Paper Crafts and Scrapbooking Magazine - I can't say enough about all the wonderful fun I have had being part of the paper crafting community!

11 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Heather! Your card is beautiful! Can't wait to see the one that won! ~Saundra

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is beauiful - love the soft tones and colors!! Way to go for being Royalty!! So excited for you!!
    Taunya Butler @ daisiesgirl.com - Maybe you would like to stop by?!?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bright watercolored wreath - congratulations on the Royalty win!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! And Congrats on 'Royalty'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cognrats on your win. This is a beautiful card. Can't wait to see the winning card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats!! This is BEAUTIFUL!!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    *Crafting With Creative M*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, congratulations! I can certainly see why your card was picked because it is so fun and creative!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Huge congrats Heather, so very well deserved. Beautiful card. Can't wait to see your winning card in July!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats and what a gorgeous card!!

    ReplyDelete