Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thank You - Reverse Stenciling

Good morning! Just wanted to drop by and share a card I made for a recent publication call that didn't get picked up. I used a bit of a different technique with my stenciling that I thought would be fun to share!


It kind of all happened by accident! I had this stencil out, and was using several colors of Heidi Swapp Color Shine to spray over my stencil. I pulled my stencil off and was feeling sad at how much I was going to waste that was still stuck on my stencil. So...I grabbed an extra piece of watercolor paper, laid it on top, and rolled my brayer over it. Peeled it off - and had this fun reverse image of the stencil! And I didn't waste all that lovely sparkly color shine!


Once that dried, I added a sentiment from Paper Smooches Many Thanks Stamp set and heat embossed it for even more shine. Added the row of hearts die cut with Hearts Dies, and covered those with Glossy Accents so that it had that same lovely shine.


Added a twist of ivory jute twine, tied in a nice big bow, and then attached it to a kraft card base with foam adhesive.


Also linking this up to the following challenges:








6 comments:

  1. fabulous design....I am thrilled you played along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really caught my eye. Color, contrast, interesting patterns...Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooo Beautiful! Your bg is amazing! Thanks so much for playing with us at SPARKS this week, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete
  4. A fabulous card - what a wonderful accident!!! The background is stunning - such beautiful colours and lovely sentiment panel!!

    Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge,
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete