Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Candy Cane Lane!

Hi there! I'm over on the My Craft Spot blog today sharing a holiday card with you - a very bright and festive card!


I love creating with the chalkboard technique - simply stamp your image on chalkboard or black cardstock and heat emboss with white embossing powder. Next, stamp again slightly off the first image with white pigment ink. Finally, add some details with a white colored pencil, and add some smudges of the white pigment ink to complete the effect.

These Candy Cane Brads from Eyelet Outlet just make me feel festive - so bright and fun! I thought they would look beautiful on a chalkboard paper tag - and I do love how they pop!

I used Bazzil Cardstock for my cardbase, and a Mister Huey's mask and embossing paste to create my background. The chalkboard tag was cut with a Paper Smooches Die, and I also used some pretty White Sheer ribbonBlack Jute Twine, and Cherry Red Traditional Twine for the top of my tag.


Thanks for stopping by! Have a great day!!!

3 comments: