Monday, July 8, 2013

MCS Challenge - Wrap it Up!

Good morning! It's time for a new challenge at My Craft Spot - this week the challenge is to Wrap it up: packaging, gift boxes, bags, etc...

I had seen a similar idea some time ago on Pinterest, and thought it would be fun to do something like this as a treat packaging...and it meant I just HAD to make some yummy treats to put into it!


I used just the cheapest paper plates you can buy, folded up two sides, then folded in the other two sides, and cut in on one of the corner lines. I added adhesive, and folded up and tucked in the ends to form a box. Super easy!


Next I wrapped some Crinkle Ribbon from My Craft Spot around, cut the new 4" Doily Die out of pattern paper, added a circle cut with white cardstock in the center, and stamped one of the fun sentiments from the new stamp set called Tasty Treats using MFT ink.


I trimmed off the bottom of the doily die so that it would lay flat on the bottom, then tucked in my pretty cookies. (They are Lemon Thumbprint Cookies with Homemade Lemon Curd if you wanted to know...and just to enable you a little more, you can find the recipe HERE!)


That's it! Super cute and fun! Fortunately I was able to find a friend willing to take delivery of these! We still managed to eat plenty of these cookies, but that helped spread the love a little! Have a great day - and I hope you will stop by over at My Craft Spot and share your own packaging with us!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Would like to invite you to come and links this beauty up over at 2 Creative Chicks 3D Challenge.
    Have a creative day.
    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    ♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
    ♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a fabulous idea, Heather!! What a great looking cookie box! I love how you dressed it up with ribbon and a lace doily!

    ReplyDelete