Monday, July 22, 2013

MCS Challenge - Sew Fun!


Good morning! It's time for a new challenge over at My Craft Spot - Sew Fun: Add machine or hand stitching to your project. I immediately pictured a patchwork quilt when I saw the challenge theme, so this is what I created:


I used 2 stamp sets: Pattern Blocks and Feel Better Soon, as well as Black Jute Twine from My Craft Spot. I stamped the pattern blocks on kraft paper using MFT inks for a softer and more subtle color, then cut each one out, attached to some plane cardstock in a fun pattern, then took it to my machine and added my stitching to make it look like a patchwork quilt.


I added some jute twine on the bottom, and then a random sprinkling of sequins across the quilt, and stamped my sentiment on the bottom before attaching to a kraft cardbase.


I hope you will join us in the challenge this week! Can't wait to see all of your creations!

2 comments: