Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Paper Smooches Guest Designer - Week 3

Good morning! Can't believe that this month is half over, but here I am again sharing for week 3 a couple more cards for my month as guest designer over at Paper Smooches:


I have to say that the new stamp set, Crystal Clear is my FAVORITE! And the sentiment from Giddy Bugs was a perfect fit!


For this card, I stamped the jar and heat embossed in clear on white Watercolor paper. I then used a waterbrush and painted on some Mister Huey's mist to color it in. I overlapped the edges of the jar, so you could see where it started and ending. After letting that dry, I stamped the lightning bugs and sentiment, then brushed some more Mister Huey's over the sentiment and let it dry.


I added some Stickles around the sentiment and the jar, as well as on the wings of the little bugs. Then I stuck an enamel dot on each bug for the "glow" part!


Finished off with a strip of MME pattern paper, some sparkly May Arts ribbon that was a perfect match, and mounted the entire thing with foam adhesive on an Every Elle kraft cardbase.


Next up, I thought it would be fun to make an 8th birthday card using the cute octopus from Briny Blue


I also used Digits stamp set, and Ovals 1 Dies for the sentiment.


I stamped my scene using some different colors of Versamagic ink, then trimmed it down, rounded the corners, and distressed the edges with my Tim Holtz distress tool. I hand trimmed the banner, stamped the sentiment in two parts, then stamped the "8th" and cut it with my oval dies. 


Layered some MME patterned paper on a Bazzil cardbase, added some lace from October Afternoon and a few sequins, and attached my sentiment banner with foam adhesive.


Too bad my youngest is going to be 9 in September! Might have to save this one for a friend or niece! 

Anyway - hope you are having a great day! Thanks for stopping by - I'll see you next week for my final week!

6 comments:

  1. Heather ~ Both of your cards are so cheerful and happy! Loving the colors on both of them! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the fun jar of butterflies and all the sparkle:) Looks fabulous! Your octopus is adorable! What a GREAT birthday card. The papers are so fun and I just love the color/combo! Great job on both of these!
    Sherrie K
    http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your FUN cards!! Such Neat Designs!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! ;)

    ReplyDelete