Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Paper Smooches Guest Designer - Week 1

Good morning! SOOO excited today to post my first couple cards for my month as guest designer over at Paper Smooches. The new release is ADORABLE!!! I pretty much squealed when I saw the Crystal Clear set - here is the first project I made with it:
First I stamped the straw in the place I knew I wanted to put the jar. Then I used a fun technique that I have tried a few times before - I turned the stamp over in reverse, and stamped it with MFT Sno Cone ink - a nice soft blue. Then I turned the stamp back the right way and stamped the outline and the "Ball" word in black ink. 
To make it look a little more realistic, I colored all over it with an embossing pen, then sprinkled it with clear embossing powder, heat embossed, then sprinkled it again while it was still warm and heated it again. This gave a nice thick and shiny layer. 
Did the sentiment by spraying some Mister Huey's yellow mist at the top, allowing it to dry, then stamping my own sentiment using Graffiti. I also added a few sequins (cause I LOVE them!) and smeared some pink ink on the outer edges, then sprinkled with some pink glitter. Finished off by rounding a couple of corners, then mounting it on a card base of Avery Elle Kraft Cardstock, and tying some jute twine in a whimsical bow at the top.
My next card I used one of the other sets I fell in love with at first sight - Briny Blue - another super fun set! 


I started off by making my background on a card base of Bazzil Cardstock. I used the wave cut from Borders 1 Dies to cut a mask. Then I laid it on my cardbase in varying positions and inked with some blue distress ink. 


The rest was a happy accident! I thought the distress ink had dried enough, and stamped my sentiment with watermark ink and sprinkled on my white embossing powder. Some of it stuck to the waves, but I realized that it actually looked kind of neat - like sea foam! So...I sprinkled away some more!


Next I stamped 3 of the fish from the set, colored them with Copics, and fussy cut them out. Added the bubbles where I was going to place them and heat embossed them as well before attaching the fishies with foam adhesive for a bit of dimension.


Finished off with some May Arts lace trim tied in a bow around my card.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I can't wait to show you my other cards for the month! See you again next week!!!

6 comments:

  1. Just saw your cards on the PS blog...WOOT! Thought I'd pop over and say, yay! Love how you clear embossed the jar...genius! Great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really love that subtle embossing you did on the jar. and the graffiti stamps look great!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize I was so far behind on reading your blog!! LOVE the mason jar card (no surprise there). The faint stamping of the straw is an AWESOME detail!!! Perfect!!

    Love the new background and lighter, fresh look of your blog too :)

    Amanda
    www.lovejoypaper.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards! I love the background and the reverse stamping on the first one, and the waves on the second are gorgeous! The fish just pop against them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What lovely cards! The background on the fish card is simply "fintastic"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your first card is so gorgeous! I love the background you created! And what a cute card with the sea critters! Awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete