Thursday, February 14, 2013

Sailboat Chalkboard Card with MSS

Hi there! I don't know if you saw the new release from Market Street Stamps a couple weeks ago - but I just HAD to have this set called Dreaming of the Sea! So many sweet images! So yesterday I had a bit of time and decided to just play for the fun of it - no challenges or design team work for once! Here is what I made:
I decided to stamp with the Chalkboard technique again - I somehow just can never resist doing that! So I stamped on blue DCWV Chalkboard paper, heat embossed, re-stamped slightly offset with white pigment ink, then added some smudges with the white pigment ink.
I used some Echo Park pattern papers, mounted that on orange paper with a border cut at the bottom with a Fiskar's edge punch, then tied some baker's twine from the Twinery around, and tied on a button from October Afternoon.  
I mounted that on my background with foam adhesive, and added a bit of bling under the sentiment. 
The whole thing is mounted on a card base of Bazzil Cardstock - LOVE how thick and strong it is!
That's it! My fun and happy orange and turquoise card - which I didn't plan on putting together when I started - it just sort of happened! Hope you are having a great day!

3 comments:

  1. I love your chalkboard technique, Heather! It is perfect for this set and this sentiment!! xo Ang

    ReplyDelete
  2. A very beautiful card!Love it!
    Happy Valentine's Day,
    Migdalia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card!
    Pam
    scrap-n-sewgranny.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete