Sunday, January 20, 2013

Another Chalkboard Card - 10th Birthday

Happy Sunday afternoon! I got home today and was feeling a little cold - so I thought it was a perfect opportunity to sit in the sunshine that happened to be shining in my crafty area and have some fun! I had been thinking about the Paper Crafts January Gallery Challenge - to make a card celebrating milestone birthdays. Since my daughter will be turning 10 this year (YIKES! Double digits already!) I decided to make a 10th birthday card - using one of my favorite techniques, the chalkboard effect. Here is what I came up with:
I used a Spellbinder's Die to cut a frame shape with some green DCWV Chalkboard paper. I stamped several different parts of the Papertrey Ink Movers and Shakers Sentiments on it, and heat embossed with white powder.  
Added some smudges with white pigment ink, then re-stamped each part of the images again slightly offset with the white pigment ink for a shadow effect.  
Added some doodles with a white colored pencil to finish that part off. 
My pattern papers are from Crate Paper's 6x6 Pretty Party paper pad (which you can still find HERE at Shop Pumpkin Spice for a great price too). I rounded the top corners, and inked the edges of it all with Tim Holtz distress ink.  
Tucked a doily and some green jute twine (available HERE at My Craft Spot) behind the frame which I mounted on foam adhesive. Tied the jute twine in a bow, added another strip of pattern paper from the same paper pad, and a piece of lace trim.
Thanks for stopping by to visit! I hope you have a wonderful rest of your weekend!

6 comments:

  1. Lovin' the chalkboard look!! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow this is so cool! I LOVE the offset stamping, that is so tricky to do and you executed it perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is amazing, especially the effect your offset stamping and your doodling has on it, looks exactly like a chalkboard! Great job!
    {Hugs} Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful , love everything about it !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heather ~ This is GORGOEUS!! Of course you know how I LOVE the chalkboard but with that pattern paper and the jute ~ WOW!! BEAUTIFUL card ~ so warm and bright on a cold day ~ PERFECT!!

    ReplyDelete