Sunday, June 3, 2012

Peachy Keen Sneak Peeks - June Kit of the Month


Good morning! I'm so excited today to share a couple of cards made with the brand new Peachy Keen Kit of the Month for June!!! I just LOVE this new release - they are so adorable!!! Make sure and head over to the Peachy Keen blog to see all the other sneaks from the rest of the design team - you are going to fall in love with them all too! Here is the first card I made:
Aren't those birds just the cutest?!?!?! I gave this card to my sis-in-law for her birthday - and had so much fun making it! I colored my cute birds with Copic markers, then cut them out by hand. 
 I also used one of the other new releases - the lattice background. I stamped it in blue ink on my blue pattern paper. I can tell this one is going to be lots of fun!
All my pattern papers are from Basic Grey's Picadilly 6x6 paper pad. Still one of my favorite papers! I inked all the edges with Tim Holtz distress ink. 
That yummy orange chevron ribbon is from Ribbon Carousel. The sentiment is stamped on a die cut using My Creative Time's stitched oval die. 
Pop-dotted the birds to the background, and then added a bunch of stick on gems that I got at my local Michael's store - just for fun! 
Now...for the next card! I used another one of the birds from this kit - and used the grumpy bird face! That face just makes me LAUGH!!! 
I stamped him on pattern paper - which is all from Echo Park - and colored him in with my Copics. I used a blue marker, but since I colored it on the yellow, it turned out green! 
I used my Spellbinders Nestabilities to cut out the scallop circle and center circle, and curved the sentiments on my stamp block to make them fit the circle. 
The white background was embossed with my Cuttlebug and the houndstooth embossing folder.  
Added some more of that chevron ribbon (just different color) from Ribbon Carousel, and some stick on bling as well. Also pop-dotted the image circle from the background. 
Thanks so much for stopping by today - hope you enjoy this release as much as I am! Make sure to stop by The Peachy Keen Connection on Tuesday evening at 6PM Central Standard Time for the Release Party! There will be lots of fun and prizes - and I get to host one of the challenges! 




13 comments:

  1. Cute bird cards. I love the way you put the stripes on the circle diagonally to match the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are fabulous. Great colors on both. Love the sweet and grumpy birds. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both are so cute...love the bling on the first...and the second card's bird is too cute! Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So adorable! that face makes me laugh as well. So much fun this set is!!
    GinasCreativePlace.blogspot.com
    babi96 at aol dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, so I literally GASPED at those cute birds! OMG!!! I can't wait to see this set! YAY! Your cards are way too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. these cards are so great! the little blue birds are adorable, i love all the bling and ribbon details

    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cards are wonderful, Heather! That angry bird just makes you smile! Love that ribbon, too! ~HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are so beautiful!! I LOVE the first one, is so happy!! I LOVE how subtle is the background pattern, really cute!! The second one I LOVE it!! I LOVE how you stamped the bird on the patterned paper, it came out awesome!! TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. This release is gonna be soo great! Your cards are wonderful. The little birdies in the first one totally look like they are flying since you used the pop dots! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet and Sassy! Both of your cards are awesome :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW these are both so cute. I love how you used the happy bird and the angry bird. SO awesome! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  12. BEAUTIFUL cards! LOVE the birdies--love that first card's color combo! WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Heather ` these cards are just FABULOUS! I LOVE the birdies! The first card ~ OMG LOVE it! The details, coloring ad papers are just FABULOUS! The second ~ to stinking CUTE too! I just LOVE your style!

    ReplyDelete