Monday, April 23, 2012

Beautiful Flowers...


This past weekend I had the opportunity to go to Hobby Lobby for the first time since a visit out of state when I discovered them! There are now two that are a little over an hour from my house...so it was fun stopping by! While I was there, I used a coupon to purchase a set of Tim Holtz distress markers...so I took a few minutes this morning to give them a try! Here is what I came up with:
I also used this weeks Moxie Fab World Tuesday Trigger:
I started off by coloring directly onto the Unity Inspired Meadow flower stamp that I wanted to use, stamping them two or three times each time I colored them. That panel was then distressed with my Tim Holtz distress tool and inked with Tim Holtz distress ink. I stamped the butterflies and the sentiment from the Inspired by Ang {...moment by moment} set. 
I used some October Afternoon Farmhouse paper from the 8x8 paper pad for the background, and also distressed the edges of that. The bottom ribbon is from the October Afternoon Farmhouse Wrap pack - LOVE how perfectly it coordinates! 
Added a bit of cream twill ribbon from Ribbon Carousel tucked into the top right corner, and attached with some criss-cross staples. Also tied some of the twine I got from Ribbon Carousel along the bottom edge. 
And there it is! I know this hardly counts, but I feel like I am slowly working my way toward learning some mixed-media style projects! Baby steps I guess! 
I am also linking this up with Simon Says Stamp and Show - Favorite Word. Isn't "BEAUTIFUL" a great work? :-)

4 comments:

  1. Hello! Your card is wonderful! I really like the October Afternoon background paper you chose. Your ribbons are also very nice accents. Your stamped images look wonderful! Great mix and blend of colors! Your "baby steps" towards adding some mixed media to your paper crafting is really paying off! You've done a beautiful job. "Beautiful" is a great word!! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just wonderful! The way you created the background is such a perfect arrangement! I just love seeing what you do with stamps. Genius... everyone of them! Genius!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this is very very very lovely! Stunning background!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Heather! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete