Monday, April 23, 2012

Paper Crafts April Gallery Challenge


Good morning! I am posting a couple of posts today for the Paper Crafts April Gallery Challenge - Silhouettes. This is my first post, and is one of the cards I sent in for the Stamping Royalty Contest. Obviously, it didn't win, but it was fun to throw one out there anyway! 
I started off by cutting and embossing an oval with my Nestabilities. I cut a smaller oval, and used the negative as a mask to apply Tim Holtz distress ink in Antique Linen. Over the top of that, I stamped the Worn Music background from Unity Stamps. Then, I used a Hero Arts silhouette stamp, and added a birthday hat from Unity Stamp's Hugs and Kitties set. 
The blue background paper is from Basic Grey's Picadilly 6x6 paper pad. The red is from a My Mind's Eye Miss Caroline 6x6 paper pad.  Wrapped some PTI twine and a PTI button around the polka dot paper, before attaching the oval with foam adhesive. I then stamped a couple of sentiments from Unity Stamps small sentiment set, {...party all day} on some hand trimmed kraft paper banners, and added some bling from my local Michael's store.
Finished off by matting with some black paper, and using foam adhesive to attach the whole thing to a kraft paper card base. 
Alrighty...next silhouette post coming right up!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute...love this one. Lee-Ann :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is Amazing! I it's elegant, yet fun and it still has a retro feel to it! Amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete