Monday, February 13, 2012

Market Street Stamps Paint the Town Color Challenge


Good afternoon! I'm quickly popping in to share my card for the Market Street Stamps Paint the Town Color Challenge. Here is my card:
And here is the color Combo:


I was amazed to find out that these colors were really fun to use together! I was a little curious if I would have trouble with it, but it came together pretty easily! I used some of my favorite 6x6 paper pads: Basic Grey's Picadilly, and Crate Paper's Paper Heart. 
I am especially pleased with how the sentiment came out - LOVE the dimension! 
I hand-cut a strip of pattern paper, stamped the sentiment, then tucked one end behind a heart I cut with my Cricut and Create a Critter cartridge. The other side, I stuck foam dots under, then kind of scrunched it over before sticking it down. 
I did the same thing with the top peaks of the heart, putting  a foam dot under each of them, then sticking the bottom directly on the card. Added a Papertrey Ink button with some button twine tied through the center. 
I stamped the compass on pattern paper, and did a little coloring with Copic markers. Matted it with some more pattern paper, and used a Fiskar's embossing edge punch along the bottom edge.  
Wrapped a little more button twine around it, then used pop-dots to attach it to the card. 
Oh yes - almost forgot! I also inked the edges of everything with Tim Holtz distress ink in Tea Dye. 
There it is! I'm off to see if I can get a couple more card entries done!

3 comments:

  1. YAY HEATHER! I love SO much about this card! The papers you chose are just beautiful and I love the way you curved the sentiment to create dimension on your card- very cool! Thanks for playing along with our Paint the Town Color Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! This is really beautiful! I have been borrowing the way you do your little banners lately with the shape to make it looks like it's blowing in the breeze. Just love this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great and fantastic idea thanks very much for sharing this great blog
    Painting Company

    ReplyDelete