Monday, April 4, 2011

Happy Easter!

Since my hubby was gone this weekend at a Men's Advance with the guys from our church, I took the opportunity to catch up a bit on my scrapbooking...so I put myself on a cardmaking ban until I hit my goal! I do my scrapbooking by year, so my goal was to finish the last of 2009...about 25 pages!!! And yesterday afternoon - I finished the last one! So...I rewarded myself by making a quick card last night!

I am entering this in the Inspired Heart Challenge over at Getting Cricky with K Andrews - to make a project about what inspired you right at this moment. The sermon at church yesterday morning was talking a lot about the Resurrection, and that is what Easter is to me! And very little makes me think of new life as much as butterflies!

For this card, I used the Unity Stamp January Kit of the month for the stamped flower border with black Stickles in the centers, and the sentiment came from a stamp in my stash...don't remember what brand it was, but I know I purchased it from Michael's. Added some butterflies that I cut from Straight from the Nest, on the shift key of the phrase feature - covered them with Glossy Accents and glitter. Inked the edges of everything, and finished with some luscious velvet ribbon and stick on red pearls.




12 comments:

  1. Oh I love it and all that glitter...faaaabulous!! :) hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!!! What type of glitter did you use? I really love the look it gives!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!!! I used Martha Stewart coarse glitter - and stuck it on with Glossy Accents! Isn't it beautiful?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is beautiful. I love those butterflies. Stunning
    Thanks for joining us for Simply Sundays at Getting Cricky
    Brenda
    Http://createbyburffrau.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the butterflies, they look they are sugar coated! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so beautiful. I love the butterflies. Great Job. Good Luck
    Hugs,
    Kathy
    http://the3esblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a blog award for you. Come on over and get it when you get a chance!
    http://craftingmisfit.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. How beautiful! I really love the butterflies!! Thanks for playing along in the Simply Sunday Challenge.

    Rachel Miller
    http://rachelspapercrafts.blogspot.com
    http://rachelluvs2craft.stampinup.net
    rachelspapercrafts(at)ymail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow oh wow! This is a beautiful card! I love the colors and all the glitter. I too love my Unity KOM. Thanks for sharing and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutly GORGEOUS! The red and turquoise just pops--but that glitter just makes the entire card! LOVE it!
    Thanks so much for playing my Simply Sunday Challenge.

    All the Cricky Best,
    K Andrew

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is great! Stunning creation. I love the butterflies.
    Hugs Dunja (DE)

    ReplyDelete