Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Tacky Tuesday Challenge - Hip Chick

I really wanted to make this card for the Tacky Tuesdays Challenge, so I managed to sneak it together early this morning! I love how it came out!

The challenge was to use the chick from Simply Charmed, and the sentiment had to include the word "chick" in it. So I cut the sentiment from Straight from the Nest, then added a Peachy Keen Face to the chick by combining the eyes from the Wide Eyed Kids Assortment and the beak from the Critter Faces. I love combining parts of two different faces to come up with something new and cute! I added the flower to cover up an ink smudge I made (oops!) and then my 7 year old daughter suggested the necklace - and I LOVE how that idea worked! Cut the card shape from Lacey Labels, welding two together with my Gypsy. Added some Baker's Twine in a bow with a button, some stick on pearls, and some doodling around the edges. Fun, fun! 



11 comments:

  1. OH MY GOSH...this is just SOOO CUTE !!! I love everything about it, but the necklace is killing me ! So cute! I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Alex! SOOOO CAUUUTE!

    Thanks for playing along with us at Tacky Tuesday's!

    Ruthie :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow i love this ...sooo cute

    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! I love the patterned paper on the chicky! Thanks for sharing!

    Lisa
    prettypaperprettyribbons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely hip. She is a cutie!!!! Great job! Hugs- Glora

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable! I love how you combine the faces. Love it!

    Hugs,
    Saundra :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute, she looks like she's ready to go out on the town!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOve this, perfection!!! TFS Cathryn67 :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Everything about this card is too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cute.love the yellow polka dot paper and the chick is just perfect with those pearls.tfs

    ReplyDelete
  11. So precious! I love the monochromatic color scheme.

    ReplyDelete