Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!!!

Just was looking at someone's blog, and they were commenting on how they had just noticed all the 1's in today's date: 1/1/11!!! Thought it was kind of funny! Anyway, just thought I would start off the New Year, by posting the last two cards I made LAST year! I somehow managed to sneak in making two cards yesterday with my Unity Stamps - in between the other events of the day!

In addition to some Unity Stamps, this first one also has a sentiment from Pink By Design's set called Take the Cake. Colored a bit on the stamped image with some colored pencils, and pop dotted it from the background. Added some ribbon, a bit of doodling, and some buttons.


I LOVE the colors on this second one! Teal and black! I stamped the tea cup, cut it out, matted it on black, and cut that out again. I ran the black background through my Cuttlebug folder, then layered everything together. On a whim, I decided to put some Glossy accents over the tea cup. What I didn't count on was it kind of wrinkling up! At first I was dissappointed, but when it dried, I found that I really liked it - kind of gave it a distressed/vintage look to it! Added some stick on pearls, a little ribbon, a Prima flower with a button, and stickles all around the outside! Stuck my fingers in Glossy Accents and Stickles more than once while making this card (Grrrr!), but it was worth it - because I love how it came out!



1 comment: