Tuesday, November 16, 2010

3 Cards for Challenges

Last night I was busy trying to keep up with some cards for some challenges I wanted to enter. I love challenges, because it makes me stretch out of my box, and make something completely different, or gives me inspiration when I don't know WHAT to do!

The first one was a color challenge - had to use burgundy, red, and rose. I just had to add a touch of brown! Used the cartridge From My Kitchen for the apron, a stamped sentiment, some ribbon, and lots of inking. It is a little hard to see, but I pop-dotted the apron from the background as well.


On the next one, the challenge was to use metallics. This was DEFINATELY a challenge for me, as that is something I don't use very often! I had the little stamped tree laying around that I had made in a moment of boredom sometime earlier and never used, and it had copper stickles on it, so when I found the papers, it kind of fell together. Also a little hard to see, but the brown paper is actually glitter cardstock.


The challenge on the last one was to make a thank you card! I couldn't resist making at least one easel card! I cut this mushroom from the Smiley Cards cartridge, and used my Gypsy's hide contour feature to hide the face. Then I placed a couple of circles on it to make cutouts through the top layer to let the bottom peak out. Love how that turned out, and love that I discovered another way to use this cartridge! The flowers for the inside are cut from Walk in my Garden, and layered with buttons for the center. This card also has a lot of inking, a stamped sentiment, and glossy accents on the outside edge of the circle as well as on the mushroom.

1 comment:

  1. All three of your cards are just great! You have put that "just right extra touch" on each card that you made. you can tell that alot of time and love went into each one...great job!

    ReplyDelete